Monday, June 13, 2011

Awesome Adaptive Technology!

Touch to talk is a technology that I have recently discovered.  It is a resource that one of my non-verbal students will be using next year.  We are acquiring the necessary resources from the AEA and through considerations made in his IEP.  This program allows him to touch a symbol that will communicate the word or phrase he wants to say.  We are very excited about him being able to interact more with his peers and adults through this program next year.

Another new technology I have discovered through research is Boardmaker.  It is a program that contains many visual cues and pictures that would be useful for creating schedules and routine reinforcers for special needs students.  I had seen it used in social stories but never knew what the program was.  After researching its availability to me, I discovered that the special education teachers in the district are given Boardmaker so I will be tapping into their resources this year with some of my behavior kids!
http://www.mayer-johnson.com/category/boardmaker-family/

No comments:

Post a Comment